what is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is directing your awareness to the here and now, at every moment.
why teach children mindfulness?
- kids learn to pause and get a sense of what they need
- kids move out of autopilot and become less impulsive
- kids learn to accept things the way they are
Who is mindfulness for?
- Everyone of all ages!
- Anyone who wants calm thoughts, to understand their emotions and improve concentration
- Children with low self-esteem, ADHD, dyslexia, and Autism
How do i get started?
Try these simple listening exercises:
It is not always easy to really listen to what is being said, but listening is something we can learn. All you need is mindful attention and to learn to recognize when you do and do not have it.
Everybody is given two minutes to talk about their day or to share
something important, while the others listen without interrupting or passing judgment.
I teach an online 5 day mindfulness course for children ages 5-12. If you are interested subscribe to my Mindfulness Academy mailing list or click HERE!
Author: Deann Jensen
I have been teaching for six years and tutoring for ten. I have collected a lot of resources to help parents foster learning at home. I intend to share these resources, tips, and ideas with you so that you may try them out with your children. Don't forget to let me know how it goes in the comments!